· All children and adults have the right to feel safe, secure and cared for.
· Children and adults should do their upmost to apply the school values, especially in their work and behaviour.
· The Governors would like to see that school rewards are consistently and fairly applied and that they encourage good behaviour for learning and good behaviour around the school
· Sanctions must also be applied fairly, consistently, proportionally and reasonably, taking in to account SEND, disability and the needs of vulnerable children and offering support as necessary
· A child’s individual needs should not be prioritised above the safety, welfare or education of the majority.
· The Governors feel that exclusions, particularly those that are permanent, must only be used as the very last resort
· We believe in an inclusive environment where all children and adults are valued in a positive learning environment.
· We embrace diversity and promote equality of opportunity.
· The school must have an age appropriate Home-School agreement which sets out the responsibilities of the school, child and parent.
· We work with parents and carers to understand children and their circumstances in order to ensure our school is an inclusive school
· The Governors expect pupils and parents to cooperate to maintain an orderly climate
· The Governors wish to emphasise that violence, threatening behaviour or abuse by parents or pupils towards the school staff will not be tolerated
· The governors will not tolerate any form of bullying. Where this occurs, children should be given the opportunity and the support to express regret, forgiveness and reconciliation