In March, some members of the rights Respecting team picked litter from the local area. This supports all of our children's rights to live in a healthy environment. The team worked incredibly hard and we are super proud of them! Here are some of their very thoughtful responses...
- "I really enjoyed doing it because it was good for the community and if people notice children picking litter, it might make them make a change."
- "People don't put enough effort into thinking where to put their litter."
- "We found lots of cigarettes. People throw them on the floor and stamp on them and people then think that's normal. Its not OK."
- "People litter more than I thought. They don't appreciate what they've got."
- "We need to do it more often. I'd do it in my break time."
- "I feel like we're not doing enough."
The team have got lots of great ideas to help do more to make a change. Watch this space!